Monday, March 12, 2007

The now

I'm almost done with a sweater for Nelson. It's a simple raglan pullover knit out of Lambs Pride Worsted. The sleeves are all that's left and I think I can crank out one a night after the kids are in bed. I think. But maybe not because my kids are sleeping so horribly (Nels is fighting bed time and Claire is waking up at 4:30 -- I'm sure this will get smoothed out when they've adjusted to daylight savings). Yesterday I held the sweater up to Nels to get a feel for its fit and he declared he won't be wearing it because it's too fuzzy. I hope I can change his mind. Maybe I can bribe him with Tootsie Pops?

Once this sweater is done, I have to get back to my sister's very belated birthday socks. I've completed one sock, but I think I'm going to rip it out and start over because I'm not happy with it. I like tight-tight stitches for socks and even though I got gauge, the knit feels a bit loose and sloppy to me. I was using the Interweave Rib and Cables pattern from the Fall 2005 issue of Interweave Knits, but I think I'm going to bag it and knit a simple toe-up sock instead.

So in lieu of photos, which I had hoped to post, I decided to link to things I'm loving right now.

This collaborative blog that focuses on (anti)consumption and green living.

Shari's recent post featuring some really amazing polaroids.

These recipes as I plan next week's meal plan.

This tea, which I'm enjoying as an afternoon pick-me-up.

This blog. Such pretty pictures!

I'm trying to cut back my internet time, so if you e-mail me and I don't get back to you quickly, you'll know why.

Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, great links. I need to make the skillet pizza.

shari said...

hi ali!

thanks for the sweet mention. i really liked the link to all of the vegetarian recipes. i've bookmarked it and will be using it to plan my menu for next week! cheers, shari

Rachael Barry said...

Mmmmmm.....I'm making that skillet pizza for dinner tonight. Off to the store!